Michael "Tie-Dyed-Eyes"
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zak,

Can you answer a couple more questions, and/or point me to the appropriate spot in the rulebook?

1. Can you only use the INTEL chit for an ambush in the first round of combat, or can you use it in the middle of an encounter, or even multiple times (multiple INTEL chits used)?

2. If a Team Member dies in a Mission, do they lose the experience/skill bonuses they've gained?

Rev. Tie-Dye
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonnie H
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not Zak, but I would hope the answer to question 2 would be yes. Usually when a person dies, their experience goes with them.....in real life and in most/all role playing games.

Happy hunting,

Lonster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael "Tie-Dyed-Eyes"
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, when you put it that way, it makes perfect sense that they would lose their experience.

I guess most of my Role-Playing experience however is with fantasy stuff, from Zork to Descent--but maybe those aren't role-playing games. Even though I used to think of it as a total cheat, I've long since grown accustomed to the idea of re-spawning for an experience penalty and the hassle of having to go find your gear before a Grue takes it. I guess if I want to play with the grown-ups, I've got to deal with "Dead is Dead."

(Or maybe I'll play with "Bene Tleilaxu" House Rule. Dune is Sci-Fi, right?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

1. Can you only use the INTEL chit for an ambush in the first round of combat, or can you use it in the middle of an encounter, or even multiple times (multiple INTEL chits used)?

I've always used INTEL to gain an ambush at the beginning of the combat, and i've always spent one chit: i will clarify this on the next rules version. BTW, i'm working on the concept of "orders", i.e. the leader will be bale to spend its CP to activate some special tactis - surely Ambush will be one of those options so that you will have to spend INTEL but you won't gain the advantaga automatically.

Quote:

2. If a Team Member dies in a Mission, do they lose the experience/skill bonuses they've gained?

The short answer is YES - but if you want to have an easier campaign you can use the following variant rule: at the end of a mission pick a random # for every member died - on a result of 4+ the unit was only severily wounded so it can re-enter play, keeping the experience/skill bonuses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael "Tie-Dyed-Eyes"
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Zak!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.