Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Appleton
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand the need for historical accuracy, but I have enough trouble as it is finding the right leaders already, and now there are dozens more added to the mix, if the scan of the countersheet is anything to go by.

Also with a quick look, I couldn't see any leaders with extended range or a leadership value of over 2, which is a little disappointing as these were already out there in previous expansions/base sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think more leaders are great ! I'll just keep the BattlePack 3 leaders separated from the core game bits.

Wow, FIVE new 10-2 American Leaders !

The FFI counters look just great, too !

Thanks for posting the photos.

Chick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Among the leaders, please notice:

Sgt / 1Lt / 2Lt / Cpt Heinzmann
Sgt / 1Lt / 2Lt / Cpt Craighead

Guess what happens when you win a battle in the campaign game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Avtges
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CONCEALED -3
badge
It's not easy being green.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's a lot of leaders. Pretty cool. Is that a 1-command radius hero I see there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Yes indeed. Lt. Weiss is part of Scenario 60 (Old Hickory Resolute) set at Hill 314, East of Mortain. In addition to being a hero for all rules purposes, Lt. Weiss in this scenario is the forward observer for the off-board artillery (105 mm) and is the only unit that may utilize Allied Artillery Request orders. As a SSR - 5 times in the scenario, he may use a Command Confusion Order as an Artillery Request.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Foley
United States
Warren
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rich, thanks for answering - I did ship my PDF rule book to "work" - but not the scenario sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Avtges
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CONCEALED -3
badge
It's not easy being green.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lt. Weiss: SUPER hero!

I take it that is this Lt. Weiss: http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Mission-Mortain-Normandy-August/d...

Looks like something just hit my reading pile!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Collars
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed Nick, that was the main resource I used in researching Scn. 60. Good reading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Foley
United States
Warren
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick's discovery of the basis for Bryan's work is one of the primary motivators for supporting historically named leaders in this battle pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered the Weiss book, thanks for the pointer.

Been thinking about the Scenario with Lt. Weiss. If I were facing him, I would NEVER let an Artillery Denied card leave my hand unless I could play two of 'em. But I'll bet the design team thought of that, and have included a SSR which disallows playing pairs of Artillery Denied cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.