10 Posts

Acquire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I Found a New Chain AND Buy 3 Stocks in that Chain? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
We just played the game for the first time this evening and we have a question. (This might be in the rules somewhere (latest version), but I didn't see it.)

When a player founds a new chain and receives his founders stock, can he immediately buy three additional stocks in that chain on that same turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
When founding a new chain you first get a free stock in that chain. Then you can buy any 3 available stocks for chains already started up, including the one you just started. (That's the best way to get a jump on competitors for primary or secondary stockholder.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tmredden wrote:
(That's the best way to get a jump on competitors for primary or secondary stockholder.)

One might argue the "best" way is to have shares you kept from a previous chain, that can give you an even bigger jump on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I almost always keep my stock, but you can get screwed real hard if you don't know when is the right time to sell merged stocks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Webb
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmredden wrote:
When founding a new chain you first get a free stock in that chain. Then you can buy any 3 available stocks for chains already started up, including the one you just started. (That's the best way to get a jump on competitors for primary or secondary stockholder.)

This is worded strangely in some rules summaries - my reading of the box is that you can buy up to 3 stock per turn period. You can choose to have them all in one chain or not, but you can't buy 3 in each chain every turn. 1 and 1 and 1, or 2 and 1, or 3, or 0, but not 3 and 3 and 3. Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
dontwriteplays wrote:
tmredden wrote:

This is worded strangely in some rules summaries - my reading of the box is that you can buy up to 3 stock per turn period. You can choose to have them all in one chain or not, but you can't buy 3 in each chain every turn. 1 and 1 and 1, or 2 and 1, or 3, or 0, but not 3 and 3 and 3. Is that correct?

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Webb
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dontwriteplays wrote:
tmredden wrote:

OK, I see the confusion. Better wording is:

First, you get one free stock in the chain you just founded. Then you can buy a total of three more stocks, choosing from any company or companies currently founded on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.