Andrea Ligabue
Italy
Modena
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official Moongha Invaders rules are now available at www.play-modena.it web site

good play
Liga
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a problem with the font on these rules - everything shows up as little boxes for each letter. Was the font embedded in the PDF?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's fine for me, but then, maybe they already fixed it....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not for me. This is a new laptop, and may be missing some bits, but this looks like a missing font - strangely, it opens fine in Adobe Reader 9, but not in Adobe Acrobat Pro 7!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
Not for me. This is a new laptop, and may be missing some bits, but this looks like a missing font (...)

Same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no problem reading the pdf file with Acrobat 9.3.1

My concern now is that the game is too luck-depended...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
Not for me. This is a new laptop, and may be missing some bits, but this looks like a missing font - strangely, it opens fine in Adobe Reader 9, but not in Adobe Acrobat Pro 7!
Weird. It opens fine for me in evince, the built-in viewer in Ubuntu, so you'd think it would open well in all of Adobe's products.... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it's one of the more obscure incompatibilities of older Adobe products. Probably designed for Adobe 9+ only...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Direct link:
http://www.play-modena.it/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/moongha...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Huter
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No doubt there is luck as there are dice. However, it doesn't seem overly luck driven. Plus, with hits at 50% and the large number of dice rolled, I think it will be predictable/manageable luck. Only playing will tell for certain whether the game is too luck driven for your tastes.

Based on the rules, it reminds me a lot of Way Out West (WoW). I personally like WoW a lot. But, I know that others have issues with the luck involved in that . With that said, money can be really tight in WoW and can put a player out of contention if not managed closely. I don't see a similar constraining resource in Moongha beyond being careful not to lose too many monsters to the Moogres. Too many lost could leave you with no monsters for attacking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jbhuter6041 wrote:
Based on the rules, it reminds me a lot of Way Out West (WoW).

The action selection mechanism is similar to WoW but with a couple of tweaks. The first being a slight randomisation of the available actions and the second being the way a pass action can allow you to effectively take two turns to perform any action even if the supply of that action has been exhausted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Ligabue
Italy
Modena
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played the game several times. Of course, since there are dices, some lucks is in the game but nothing more than luck involved in a standard wargame. The game is fine, the combat between monsters are not so much and if you want to get points with Moogres you have to play a Moogre strategy that is not a killing one ... it depends on what other playesra are doing.

Good play!
Liga
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.