Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anand Nadar
United States
Clinton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps a question for people who have already gone through the rules.

Given that its a mystery game with deduction mechanics whats the replay value of Mystery express?

Although there will be tons of clues to deal with I am assuming the gameplay will be more or less linear and end up solving the same murder in every game.

Please advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The five different aspects of the crime are randomly and independentlydetermined at the start of the game, so figuring out who the killer is during one game won't spoil it for the next game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a replayable as Clue... or nearly any other deduction game. You're always trying to solve within the same basic parameters. I'm not sure I see the problem here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anand Nadar
United States
Clinton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Cam and Mike for helping me there. This immediately goes to my wishlist given the DOW production quality, artwork and interesting theme.

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My only "problem" at the moment is that cards can move to different hands. That sort of thing can really kill the deduction element. However, I think with the way that the discard piles work that this card shifting might be something else that one might possibly deduce. After reading the rules though, the game looks to be at LEAST better than Mystery of the Abbey (yuck!) so I'm hopeful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the discard pile is key. And so is the fact that cards in different categories have different (easily identifiable) backs. That being said, like in every deduction game (and more so that in Clue) you really need to devise some methods to conduct your investigations properly - especially if you hope to get the Hour of the Crime correctly

eric @ DoW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.