Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

My specific example is this:

My opponent has two Storm cards (support cards) and I play Flitterflutter (2/2): Your support cards are ignored.

Now, I have the Buka B.P.Mystery in my hand (3/3): If you have two or more active support cards, I may play this card as if it had the FREE icon.

My emphasis on the word active. Can I play B.P. Mystery or not? Are the "ignored" Storm cards "active"?

I looked in the rulebook and FAQ, but I didn't find anything that clearly defined this.

Thanks for your help

Yannick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. After a look at the rules I'm going to say that you COULD play B.P. Mystery. The rules say that when a card is ignored "its values, icons and special power texts have no effect." It says nothing about it no longer being active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can. While the values, icons and special powers of the cards are ignored any support cards are still active support cards.

See the Blue Moon Faq:

Q: What is the effect of something being ignored?

A: Rulebook page 17, under Special Rules, second point: 'When a card is ignored, its values, icons and special power
texts have no effect.'. However note that although these things have no effect, they are still there. This means that
although the card's icons are ignored it still has icons, and although its special power text is ignored it still has
special power text. A card also retains its other characteristics, including its people, its type (such as character,
booster or support) and its moons. Also note that as well as a card being ignored there are cases where only the
card's icons, or only its special power text, is ignored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kinda leaned towards a yes. Thanks for confirming my thoughts.

Yannick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jearles wrote:
Yes you can. While the values, icons and special powers of the cards are ignored any support cards are still active support cards.

See the Blue Moon Faq:

Q: What is the effect of something being ignored?

A: Rulebook page 17, under Special Rules, second point: 'When a card is ignored, its values, icons and special power
texts have no effect.'. However note that although these things have no effect, they are still there. This means that
although the card's icons are ignored it still has icons, and although its special power text is ignored it still has
special power text. A card also retains its other characteristics, including its people, its type (such as character,
booster or support) and its moons. Also note that as well as a card being ignored there are cases where only the
card's icons, or only its special power text, is ignored.

Looks like the addition of active to the things not affected wouldn't go amiss. Though as people have noted since that's not one of the three specific things that are ignored, it isn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mumford
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
ceci n'est pas une pipe
mbmbmbmbmb
well OK, but it just sounds wrong. and un-intuitive. if a card's values, icons and special power texts have no effect it doesn't seem particularly active to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Mesina
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Conversely, when I am "ignored", I'm not "active" either.

That's what I told the doc at my last physical, anyhow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Choubi Gogs
France
flag msg tools
badge
My avatar is from the chilren's game Monster Mash
mbmbmbmbmb
Bolga wrote:
Hi,

My specific example is this:

My opponent has two Storm cards (support cards) and I play Flitterflutter (2/2): Your support cards are ignored.

Now, I have the Buka B.P.Mystery in my hand (3/3): If you have two or more active support cards, I may play this card as if it had the FREE icon.

My emphasis on the word active. Can I play B.P. Mystery or not? Are the "ignored" Storm cards "active"?

I looked in the rulebook and FAQ, but I didn't find anything that clearly defined this.

Thanks for your help

Yannick

Hi, I'll have to agree with those saying the card is still active. I would add that in any case, you could still have played your BP BEFORE flitterflutter. Free cards can be played before or after other cards, you don't really have to get them out in a partiular order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.