Eat Electric Death!» Forums » General

Subject: Duke Nukem of board games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Harvey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Incase you didn't know, Duke Nukem was a game which was due to come out years ago in which the developers kept saying again and again "It will be out soon", until the company finally 10 years later went out of business with it not coming out, or be anywhere close to finishing.

Its been 2 years since this was said it was at the printers, and theres been no word from the developers on their forums for almost 8 months now with no mention from them about it.

So what do you think guys, is this the Duke Nukem of board games, or do you think it will eventually come out? (7th March is current prediction on some pre-order websites)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it'll eventually come out. I'm looking forward to it. I've got enough other games still waiting on the sideboard to play so that I'm not worried about this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Been waiting for this a long time too. I'm a big fan of their Strange Worlds computer games so been looking forward to it. I hope it does come out but I'm not holding my breath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Allen
Australia
TERALBA
NSW
flag msg tools
The space left intentionally blank
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So what do you think guys, is this the Duke Nukem of board games

Sadly, I think you're right. Why would they keep in under wraps if it is finished?

The Strange Adventures in Infinite Space games were great fun and playing them felt like playing a board game (except the space combat that is).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilcox
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awhile ago I became extremely impatient in waiting for this game, so I started making a game inspired by "Strange Adventures in Infinite Space" I still have quite a lot of work to do...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wydraz
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, they did just recently (3/18/10) mention that the game is still "upcoming" at the Digital Eel website (http://www.digital-eel.com/)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Polk
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh huh. They have had my money since December of 2007. I just wonder how this will finally end.

Coming soon!
At the Printers!
Reworking something!
Coming soon!
Waiting on layout!
Timeline being established!

Can't wait for the next update. Why can't they just tell us what is going on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Carlson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, I sure hear you. As you may now know, Eat Electric Death! is available from Print and Play Games. It's the complete, original design (including the special art created for the game components, board and box) from 2007 that unfortunately "sat on the shelves" for many years unprinted by the company we were working with at the time. --Eventually we got the rights for our games back and then released EED! ourselves and with Andrew's help.-- Hope you get a chance to play it. It really is a blast. By the way, I co-designed the game with Iikka K.

Take care,
Rich C.

PS: Happiness is a warm particle vortex cannon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.