Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sander Spenkelink
Netherlands
Almelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
mb
When we use wormholes we allways play that "A is linked to A" and "B is linked to B".

But if i look at multi galaxy maps i see that the first galaxy only have A wormholes and the second galaxy only has B wormholes.

Is our method with the wormholes wrong or is there an aditional rule for multi galaxy maps?

Since i dont get the point of just being able to stay in your own galaxy...

Can someone help me out on this one please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Has
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
The center "galaxy" in their preset maps have Lodor and Quann, these systems have a planet as well as a wormhole in them. So the outside galaxies both connect to the middle galaxy.

edit: Since I don't know which multi-galaxy maps you are looking at, I may be wrong. But keep in mind that some systems with planets have wormholes in them, which may be why you can't tell that the galaxies connect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Nilsson
Sweden
Stenungsund
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't recall the rule or if the use of wormholes in multi galaxies was declared with intention. Bear in mind though that if there is no way for a player to get to Mecatol Rex that pretty much can nullify a secret victory condition.

But frankly, play it the way your group prefers. As long as the use of wormholes is declared prior to setup and the majority agrees on it I don' see a problem.

There are so many variants* (especially with the expansion) that it might feel as if every group has their own house rules. If you play a lot of different people you might have to get used to the game changing a bit between sessions.

*Distant suns, alternative strategy cards and imperial age e.g.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Dan here. I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about the official "preset" maps with multiple little galaxies. As mentioned, Lodor and Quann are both in the center galaxy, and those have the A and B wormholes, respectively. Thus, the left galaxy connects to the center, and the right galaxy connects to the center, but the left and right don't connect to each other directly.

Also, if you have the expansion, I'd STRONGLY suggest playing with the Wormhole Nexus in those games - it gives another bridge to the two galaxies. (Heck, even if you don't have the expansion, you could make your own pseudo-nexus by just using an extra Empty system, putting a couple tokens in them to represent the A and B wormholes, and set it off to the side).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Spenkelink
Netherlands
Almelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the explenation.
Its clear now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.