Subject: mara jade, jedi rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Superfly Snuka
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.wizards.com/swminis/swminis_autocard.asp?id=mara_...

please somebody tell me that she can't use a force point to take 4 shots at +16 attack for 30 damage each with a posibility of 50 damage a shot with a role of 19 or 20.

I am hoping somebody will tell me that when she users her force point to make 2 attacks that she loses her twin attack ability. my gut and 50% of my brain are telling me that she can do the 4 shots, but I am hoping she can't because that is just broken. She cost less than most Boba's and every Boba can break a game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donnyrides wrote:
http://www.wizards.com/swminis/swminis_autocard.asp?id=mara_...

please somebody tell me that she can't use a force point to take 4 shots at +16 attack for 30 damage each with a posibility of 50 damage a shot with a role of 19 or 20.

I am hoping somebody will tell me that when she users her force point to make 2 attacks that she loses her twin attack ability. my gut and 50% of my brain are telling me that she can do the 4 shots, but I am hoping she can't because that is just broken. She cost less than most Boba's and every Boba can break a game!

First, the +10 Lightsaber only applies to adjacent enemies. Second, the Lightsaber Assault only works against adjacent enemies (not indicated on the card but is specified in the glossary). But if they're adjacent, yes, she can do 4 attacks at +16 for 30dmg each. I don't believe the Lightsaber bonus would be doubled by a critical hit, so a crit would be 40 dmg, not 50.

Her attacks are (stupidly) considered non-melee attacks even when adjacent, so an adjacent attack by her could be neither evaded nor blocked with Lightsaber Block. Soresu Style Mastery or Lightsaber Deflect/Defense would be required to negate her attack.

From a distance, with Cunning Attack she can attack twice for 20dmg each at +16.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Superfly Snuka
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
good stuff. I should have looked the rule up in the book for LS assult. I read the cards very literally like a Magic card is read.

Thank you for your post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donnyrides wrote:
good stuff. I should have looked the rule up in the book for LS assult. I read the cards very literally like a Magic card is read.

Thank you for your post

Most figures with Lightsaber Assault also have Melee Attack, so the ambiguity is only present on Mara Jade, Jedi.

I'm not 100% about the 40/50 for critical hits. Bonus damage is almost never included for critical hits, though. The rules gurus at bloomilk.com or swmgamers.com would be able to answer for sure, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Superfly Snuka
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you are correct. I was thinking she was 20 damage. she is only 10. so she would shoot for 10 damage +10 if she gets her +4+10 advantage so a crit would get her 20 damage+10 for 30. if she is adjacent she would get her normal 10 damage + 10 more for crit + 10 for adjacent + 10 if she activates before her target.

here is the rules out of the rule book that I should have read before posting about LS assult. it's on page 40 of the basic rule book. they really should put that on the card.

"Lightsaber Assault: (Force; 1 Force point) Instead of making its normal attack or attacks, a character using this Force power makes two
attacks against an adjacent enemy (these can target different enemies). A character can move normally on the turn that it uses this Force
power."

I feel so cheated. long story short she killed my Maul in 2 turns because we didn't user her right. She ended a turn by shooting Maul 4 times for 60 then finished him of with winning init and shooting him 4 more times. I thought it was a little shaddy but my opponent was sure it was ligit.

You know how it is. After you lose your major piece early, you kind of lose the will to fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donnyrides wrote:

You know how it is. After you lose your major piece early, you kind of lose the will to fight.

One of the reasons I always hated the oh so cheesy and borken Boba Fett Bounty Hunter figure. A rarely missing twin attacking accurate shooting disintegrating bundle of unfun all wrapped up in an awesome sculpt. Not that I'm still bitter or anything...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donnyrides wrote:

here is the rules out of the rule book that I should have read before posting about LS assult. it's on page 40 of the basic rule book. they really should put that on the card.

She's a strange exception in that she's the only one with LS Assault who doesn't have melee attack. The really dumb part is that when she's adjacent, using Lightsaber Assault and Lightsaber +10 it's still not considered a Melee Attack so you can't use Lightsaber Block, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.