Popular Tags: [View All]
Tragik Nate
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

Today was the first time that I played Tigris and Euphrates with only two players. The first game was rough because I was teaching the game to my opponent. Things got really interesting during game two. I started in the north-east corner of the map. I started the game by placing my King and collecting victory points equally across the board. I am starting to like this part of the board for two particular reason. I have two spots to build a monument one of which can be built with farming tiles. It is also pretty close to three treasures. After playing these two games I think I learned something pretty important. Attacking can be quite rewarding but it can be quite dangerous. I really hate internal conflict because usually the attacker and defender have equal strength out of the gate and the majority of my internal attacks as attacker I lost. It seems to me that being the first one to have to support the leader with tiles from your hand is disadvantageous. However, it seems like creating external conflicts can be quite profitable. I created two external conflicts and both times gained 5+ VPs from the tiles that were removed and then gained even more points from the monuments I connected. I also had an interesting move of using my catastrophe tiles to disjoin the kingdom I just connected so I could create another external conflict that would work to my advantage. So far I have played this game with 2 and 4. So far I like 4 players better. There are a lot more things going on with 4 players and you have considerably more options to consider and possibly profit from. Both of these games where pretty close. Both times it seemed like my opponent and I were extremely lopsided in points. We both where pretty even across the board with the 3 of the colours. But we both where at least 10 points behind the 3 colours with our weakest colours. We were both within 5 points of each others weakest. Overall I enjoyed both the game and feel like I learn a lot and am looking forward to play more games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.