Popular Tags: [View All]
Flip Florey
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay lets see if I am reading this right.

In RtL it says you can eventually add 5 and no more than 5 power dice to your roll on an attack ability.

A power die is the black die correct?

And if I have say an attack that uses 1 yellow and 1 green I can in theory eventually pimp it up to 1 yellow, 1 green and 5 black? For a total of 7 dice?

I only ask this because I thought I read somewhere you had "5 dice cap" on what your heroes can roll.

Thanks ahead of time.
-Flip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can never roll more the 5 power dice total (black, silver or gold) for any attack roll. The other colors (red, green, yellow, etc) don't count towards that total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. B.
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can, theoretically, have any number of regular (red, green, yellow, blue, white) dice (limited by the physical number of dice that come with the game only), depending on your abilities and weapons. In addition, you can add UP TO five power dice to that roll. Power dice in RtL include black, silver and gold dice.

You're an Overlord, right? So, let's say you decide to attack a hero with a copper master beastman and you play the event treachery card that lets you add five power dice to that attack. Your master beastman already has one black die at this point, so you can only add four more actual black dice for a total of five. However, in RtL, "adding a die" can also mean boosting an already existing die's power level. So, you can use the remaining "die" to boost one of your black dice to silver level, if you desire. In that case, the beastman will roll one red, one yellow, one silver and four black dice. Does that make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flip Florey
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay that does answer my question. Thanks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
Since "adding a die" also means "upgradig a die", your beastman could as well throw three silver dice if that tickled your fancy.

This is a rather subtle calculation.

A kobold would find it interesting to throw silver dice, because surges come in twos, and that helps the overlord ; however, a sorcerer would rather throw black dice, because he will often get one surge from his white die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.