Diggì
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I do translate rules!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there.
I've skimmed through the Thunderstone forum but it seemed to me that no one made this question. If it isn't so, I'm sorry.

Here is the problem:

it's written in the rules that when you level up a Hero, you do these things in the following order:

1- You destroy the Hero card to level up
2- You pay the required XPs
3- You search the next level for that card and you put it in your Discard pile.

More, rules say that (page 16) if there was no Hero available in the Hero pile "[Sue] would not be able to level up the Slayer and would have had to keep her Experience in the hope of leveling up a different Hero on another turn." So: if there's not a more expert Hero, you cannot level him, which is obvious, but do you still destroy the old one? And, if it is so, could you first check the Hero pile before leveling up that particular Hero?

Thank you very much,

D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You only destroy the hero when leveling up. Also, the 1.4 version of the rules places the leveling at the END of the Village action...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diggì
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I do translate rules!
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, T F. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Eyed Superhawk
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Oh, America, what have you done.
mbmbmb
You can look through the Hero piles anytime you want to, that's not hidden information. So you know before you level up whether you can or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.