So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
Or is the card a once and done thing? I had 3 enemy units making a close combat attack against one friendly infantry unit in a surrounded town hex. I think the card is played once when you choose against a single attack but I'm not sure. These cards can be kind of ambiguous sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
One and done. So choose wisely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Pray for flags on the first roll... I call that the Jimmy Johnson. All you see is a checkered flags...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, and you must nominate the unit to be ambushed prior to it's dice being rolled. If your unit is already crippled, choose the first unit that attacks, but if you are full strength and able to ignore a flag, you might want to soak up the first attack if the enemy is attacking from cover so as to get maximum dice on another unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
troybowers wrote:
I had 3 enemy units making a close combat attack against one friendly infantry unit in a surrounded town hex.

Not really. There's no such notion in Memoir '44.

It's not "a" Close Assault being executed by 3 units. It's a series of 3 individual Close Assaults... in fact, with no need for the your enemy to commit to any of them until he'd resolved the prior ones.

Maybe that is the source of your confusion? Because it seems to me that if you look at it that way the Ambush card is unambiguous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
badge
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
The more you play the more often you face a multiCC assault situations. It happens quite often when playing with an experienced player (he/she makes for you kind of "hexenkessels"). The most exciting thing is to sustain first CC assaults (he/she usually starts assaulting with the strongest units to provoke your "ambush"). IT'S NO USE TO PLAY AMBUSH THESE TIMES. You usually won't destroy his/her strongest unit with ambush and your unit will probably vanish in such encirclement. I usually stay "stoned" with poker face and wait till my enemy assaults with the weakest unit. Then I play "ambush" to get a chance to get him/her paid with a medal in such assault, knowing that my unit probably won't survive anyway. Have fun. This is a card game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.