julian Thomson
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
I believe I have really done my homework with the rules for AH, and have a very very good understanding of all the mechanics, but I just got the Dark Pharaoh expansion and I don't understand one part of the Dual color other worlds cards. Why oh why would I temporarily turn over a doom token to its elder sign side on the GOO's doom track?? Help! I'm going crazy trying to get an answer to this! I don't get it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Because if it is the same GOO you have int eh Game and same GOO in the encounter, you do NOT need to battle him against his full amount of Doom Strength. You only have to fight him at his current power. But if you were to remove the Doom tokens, you would "rewind" the game and give your team more time artificially. So they just tell you to flip them over to the other side to track hits without actually removing the tokens.

So when the encounter is over, you are still at the same point in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To keep track of how much damage you've done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
julian Thomson
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Thanks a bunch Colts Fan and Chupacabra, I had a feeling that it had something to do with keeping track of the successes. I get it now, so this card is like a warm-up to a possible Final Battle, even if the investigator defeats the GOO, he's only defeated him in the Other Worlds and this doesn't stop the GOO from finally breaking through into the human dimension in Arkham.

Thanks, I love this game, My friend and I have played every weekend for the last 5-6 weeks since I got it for a birthday present. I'm constantly reading and re-reading the rules, maybe I'm losing my sanity.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.