Subject: Good beginner scenario's in Panzer Leader and Panzer Blitz rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jem Ruggera
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Gentlemen. First time post here, a friend recently got me onto this website and I haven't left!
Myself and the above mentioned friend a planning to hold an evening with some non-hex based gamer friends to introduce them to this sort of game. They've all played a lot of Risk and Axix and Allies, but nothing on this realism scale. Friend and I though PB/PL could be the way to go.
Could anyone suggest the scenario's they think are best from each game to for beginner players? Friend and I ahaven't played these games in about ten years, but a little reading of the rules brought it all back pretty quickly.
I was thinking Remagen bridge as one of the better ones in PL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Panzer Leader, Scenario #16 Bastogne: Prelude shouldn't be a bad beginner's game either - mostly infantry with a few supporting AFVs. Scenario #20 Remagen Bridge would also be a good choice, although the German player has no armor. Scenario #1 Utah Beach is also good, and neither side has any armor (okay, the Germans get one lousy halftrack).

For PanzerBlitz, I have read that Scenario #1 Russian Rear Area Raid: White Russia (7/44) is the best to start out on.

There are scenarios available for both games that were published later; you may want to check the links on each game's page.

Have fun - and try not to get the rules mixed up (unless you are playing PanzerBlitz with the rules from Panzer Leader).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.