Subject: Hopes/Theories for next official Ticket to Ride game locations? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Martell
New Zealand
Lower Hutt
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What are peoples theories for what maps Days of Wonder will put out for Ticket to Ride games next or in the near future?? What boards are you really hopeful for?

My hope is one comes out with NZ and Australia in it some day! But I don't expect that to be any time soon. My theory is that the next one will be South America, France or UK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
China.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ticket to Ride: Eastern Michigan.

Hot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ticket To Ride: Earth is on many people's minds

maelic001 wrote:
China.

Not the one made with "high quality components"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Mesina
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever it is, I hope it is double-sided.

China/Japan

Australia/India
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Haiti
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pere
Spain
La Nucia
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soberman wrote:
Whatever it is, I hope it is double-sided.

China/Japan

Australia/India

Yes, they should learn from the Power Grid expansions; and not only that, just sell us the maps! I don't want to expend 40€ to get *another* set of color cards and plastic trains. I first purchased Switzerland, which only has the destination cards and the board. Then Europe, with plastic trains. Now I want to get Germany (Märklin) and the Nordic Countries, but the extra +20€ for the plastic trains is what's keeping me away.

On topic, I want UK, China, and something a little different... TtR: Middle Earth? TtR: Northern Constellations? TtR: Atlantis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Tanner
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hasn't DoW stated in the past that they don't just want to make maps, but offer new versions that add different elements to the gameplay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Martell
New Zealand
Lower Hutt
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would definitely support a 'completion pack' which allowed you to buy elements introduced for certain expansions, in the colours that were not in that expansion (e.g - Iw ould really like white and purple stations)

I, however, really do want a new set of train cards and trains for each game. I much prefer in general terms to keep each game fairly self-contained (or at least able to be self-contained) I actually find the need to get out a second game with Switzerland annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grandy
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see TTR: Canada.

A map of Canada and the cards would have pictures of Canadain railway companies trains and cars (CN, CP and VIA).

Maybe add "cargo" (similar to passengers in Marklin)...or Ice Roads to link up destinations in Northern Canada.

Personally, I think DoW have pretty much prefected the TTR series. As many have suggested, I'd like to see smaller expansions (double sided maps, new tickets).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Wow you hovered. I'm honored.
badge
My Dog Has Fleas
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd actually LOVE to se a Disney tie in and have a Walt Disney World TTR.
You could have all the parks, hotels and other stuff - they have boats so ferries would work and you could have the tunnel routes as monorails instead.

I've thought about making one myself but don't have the photoshop skillz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Martell
New Zealand
Lower Hutt
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
I'd actually LOVE to se a Disney tie in and have a Walt Disney World TTR.
You could have all the parks, hotels and other stuff - they have boats so ferries would work and you could have the tunnel routes as monorails instead.

I would totally buy this! WDW or Anaheim. I've made Disney park themed games before but I agree, it takes another step up of homemade game design to produce a ticket to ride!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christophe cilier
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why not a special edition like a magazine.
With poster of best fan map and for destination cards a card to cut in the middle of the magazine in heavy paper (carton)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill Tarchala
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disneyworld, what a way cool idea!

Also, on this thread, in case anyone is reading, I contacted Days of Wonder and mentioned my intereset in an Australian TTR and they said that wasn't in their plans for the immediate future.

I think a TTR solar system theme or some sort of space map would be cool. Right now I like the game but I think they need some really fresh ideas.

Or maybe an underwater map with the Great Barrier Reef and the Marionic (sp?) trench.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Brousseau
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here's a link for China:

http://www.bummel.org/zugumzug/

btw, this isn't the China map that's in this thread. That one is a Chinese ripoff of TTR called Steel Leader.

As for TTR Australia, there is a fan-made version already. Just go to:

http://sites.google.com/site/lesaventuriersdurail/

and click on the link at the bottom of the page (the PDF file). It's a really cool list of all the fan-made expansions that are on the web somewhere, all with thumbnails and the actual link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tannerman wrote:
Hasn't DoW stated in the past that they don't just want to make maps, but offer new versions that add different elements to the gameplay?
Dunno about that. It was mentioned that game companies like to release full games than sole expansions. Apparently, word is having to rely on previous games for components alienates customers (though I kind of like how TtR Swiss was half the price of TtR NC), and that they want to release more standalone games b/c they can charge more for them.

At any rate, I'm sure senseless was discussing having to pay full price for it all, and not the difference between a new map vs a new map with also new mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pere
Spain
La Nucia
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
At any rate, I'm sure senseless was discussing having to pay full price for it all, and not the difference between a new map vs a new map with also new mechanics.

That's correct. Having to rely on previous games for components may alienate customers; but having to buy those components again is keeping me from buying another one, and I've already bought 3.

New customers vs veteran customers; which ones do you want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Brousseau
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I remember the statement that Tannerman wrote about, and I'm fairly certain that this was from a DOW employee or perhaps Alan Moon himself (too lazy to search for the link). In context, that wasn't really a Switzerland vs. Nordic argument (full box or bare bones), but that they wouldn't just release maps for the sake of releasing maps. DOW has proven that they can release quality components so I have no doubt that they could easily release maps for each of the 190+ countries on the planet, and then some more, if they wanted to (messing up some cities' location in the meantime). Some of them might have different twitches to make the game different (a la resource replenishment schemes in Power Grid). In the end though, that would seriously alienate me and many other gamers because it all sounds sooooo lazy to ride that much on a winning formula (think of Monopoly). Given the current technology anyway, anyone can download a good quality fan-made expansion, take it to a poster site (or print it out), and play away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christophe cilier
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JillT wrote:
Disneyworld, what a way cool idea!

The only problem is that to have the autorisation from disney :(

JillT wrote:
I think a TTR solar system theme or some sort of space map would be cool. Right now I like the game but I think they need some really fresh ideas.

Make a new original map is not easy, I have create the space map but the train theme is not exactly as the original game. this is futur train !

JillT wrote:
Or maybe an underwater map with the Great Barrier Reef and the Marionic (sp?)

I have began to work on this theme but I have not found a good idea.
I have make a map on the mediteranean sea (train=boat)
and the next map will be on the carraib with pirates rules ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.