Thumb up
2 Posts

Hotel Tycoon» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Hotel manager may be my future work!!...or maybe not** rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dimitris varrias
flag msg tools
This is the board game of my childhood!I was so excited about preparing the game - those beautiful buildings and their surroundings!! BUT MY JOY DID NOT LAST FOR LONG@@! AS soon as the game started .. my brother always bought the president and wakiki and I was left with the great(####@%) safari hotel.Pffff...leave all that to the past..and just focus on this nice-(average) game

every one of this hotels comes with a card(showing rates according to the number of nights that the customer stays),the hotel buildings and the gardens!

BOOMERANG: One building and swimming pool.It is cheap to buy and upgrade but pays out really good( good investment)
FUJIYAMAo not even think about it, unless you want to block boomerang
L'ETOILE: The best think about it is that you can check in from every corner of the gameboard.( one good choice)
PRESIDENT: Oh my must be kidding.(it is massive)
ROYAL: MUST BUY to block president and wakiki
WAKIKI: the second best(relaxxxx)
TAZ MAHAL: they just wanted to add a hotel(pfff)
SAFARI: very average one(if you have alot of extra money its ok)

GAMEPLAY: step on the right block, buy a hotel,build a hotel,place entrances for customers to enter your hotel,get the money!! this is hotel!!IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR A SENTENCE REVIEW: HOTEL IS A 3D MONOPOLY!!(the only significant difference is the entrances!IF you manage to place many entrances of your eventually make the opposite one useless because nobody could enter!

WINNER: The best hotel manager who stands till the end!!

END:It is a nice (goodlookin) game but with poor strategy, very much luck depended.If you have kids around 12-14..they will probably love it...for the adults,,maybe they would want something more complex in the strategy and simpler in the preparation!

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Chan
flag msg tools
Can't believe someone would still write a review on this game (from 1987). It's also a board game from my childhood.

I agree on most of your comments about the hotels. Very few occasions you could beat the player with President unless you totally shut it out with L'etoile (it's called Le Grand for my version) and Royal. Thanks for reminding me about this childhood gem. I don't think it isn't too bad for a family game. Here's my chinese version I got from Hong Kong back in the 90's lol

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.