Thumb up
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: 2003 Gaming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
January 23 - By now I have played 14 games online this year (5 E&T; 2 Gang of 4; 7 of Samurai), and only 8 F-T-F.
F-T-F games in order of play are as follows:
1/9 - Bang (7 of us)
1/9 - Bang (7 of us)
1/9 - Bang (5 of us)
1/9 - Bang (5 of us)
1/14 - BattleCards (Lee & Me) I won as Allies, but we played the Ship Combat wrong
1/16 - E&T (Jim, Lee, Ben, me) I won
1/16 - BattleCards (Ben, Me) I won
1/23 - Monopoly (Judy, Christy, me) I won - A very snowy evening)
Meanwhile - I am working on my Castles and Knights game, set in Germany in the 12th Century.

2-27-03 - Played 5 games at Games Galore tonight.
CARABANDE. Two games of Carabande (one with 5 players and one with 8 players). In the first game I had the pole position and lead from the opening flip to the last. In the second I started fifth and got a little help when the 8th player shoved me past 3 players into second. From then until the end it was a race to catch the pole position player. He led throughout until the last lap, where he got trapped behide two other players at a piece of chicane track. Enabling me to pass him at the Chicane. He had no recourse but to push me through and I went on to win. A very fun two games.
Rating: 8

AGE OF STEAM was next. I had never played it and played with four who had played it before. After 5 minutes I was bankrupt and out of the game. I watched to learn what I did wrong for about 30-45 more minutes before leaving to go play CLANS. I will say that AOS looked good - but you definitely have to know what you're doing to play this one. It might have TOO many things to think about for me to wrap my mind around it.
Rating: 7

CLANS was next up. Yet another new one for me against 2 players who knew the game. Despite my pondering of my moves, the game was over in a half-hour. I won on the last turn. I like this one, but don't know if it will get played a lot by our group. I will wait before I buy.
Rating: 6.5

Finally, played CRAZY RACE. I could not win an auction the entire night. Finished dead last with only 4 points to 25 for the winner. Terrible. I didn't like this one as well.
Rating: 4.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.