1 Posts

Memoir '44: Air Pack» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Sword Beach, Round 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Weaver
United States
flag msg tools
Round 1 just wasn't interesting enough to report.

It looked as though round two was going to go the way of our last couple of games. We had traded units back and forth, resulting in one-point victories. I started with a left probe against his bunker, firing at it ineffectively with my tanks. He returned fire eliminating two units.

I tuned my attention to the right flank bringing tanks and infantry ashore. My plan was to stay out of range of his bunker and move on to Lion sur Mer. His infantry swept down to man the wire. There, the tide turned as his dice and cards both went cold.

All of the action took place in the right and center flanks. His exposed infantry fell pretty quickly. Having British commandos helped being able to move two and still fire. My armor rolled over the wire and got behind the bunker, taking cover in the woods. My commandos took Lion sur Mer. Then I ran out of right-flank cards.

I did have a handful of centers though. I was able to play three center attacks in a row with a Barrage for dessert, eliminating his pesky artillery. The coup-de-grace fell when I drew DHQ and could shift some right side units to center. Finally, BEL allowed my to take out his final tank unit and then scurry into the unnamed center section town for the 5-2 win.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.