Thumb up
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: LOTR Risk cont... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Harris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Well, that went pretty well. Ian didn't bring his new 'Survivor' game because he hadn't had a chance to sort out the rules! But the fact that I'd brought LOTR Risk and he hadn't played it yet was well received.
The newbie got caught out on the initial placements, not realising the importance of 'unbridged' rivers, effectively boxing himself in at several places. As with previous playings, the last player to go won (Alan) but we decided in the PM that this wasn't essential by any means.
We all seemed to think it was a good variant - sufficiently changed from regular Risk to be called a different game rather than a variant and everyone seemed keen to play again!
I'm gradually talking myself into starting an FAQ somewhere on the web to iron out the rather 'grey' parts of the rules. I wonder if there's any merit in this?
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.