Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Artl
United States
New Berlin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've now had the chance to play a couple of solo games of ABD, playing Scenario 2 Leuctra both times. Thebes managed to win both games as they were fortunate enough gain the initiative early and to parlay that into some lucky early ranged fire from the mixed missle units on their right flank which broke up the Sparta battleline early on. Fun stuff for all those wondering.

The rules are easy to grasp and I'm sure that I am playing this correctly but I thought that I best confirm. Regarding camps and war wagons, since they are listed together with elephants in the "Other Types" of units under the Combat Unit section, I assume that they are indeed considered combat units. As such, I am allowed to stack leaders on camps and war wagons to make them tougher in melee combat and I am also allowed to rally them if they become disordered? I also assume that if an army is panicked, the opponent can panic move a disordered war wagon (I know that camps cannot move)? Since a war wagon is described as a mobile camp, I assume that the opponent gets the camp victory point if he eliminates the war wagon?

Sorry about all the questions but I really appreciate the clarifications. I purchased the elephants expansion with my original order and it won't be long now before I pick up the rest (still thinking about another game to add to the order)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nagel
United States
Burlington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Craig,

Yes to all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Artl
United States
New Berlin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mike! I'll be playing my first face to face game tomorrow night. This game should be right up my wargaming buddy's alley!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.