Thumb up
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: 2/22/2003 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Stubner
United States
flag msg tools
I didn’t think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows -- Bart Simpson
I made my first visit to Valhalla's Gaming Center in Wheatridge CO. I looked on the website and saw they had open gaming starting at 10am Saturday mornings. I shouwed up at 10 and a group of 9 got started at about 10:40 (lesson learned). It was an 18xx Train game day I learned. Beign completely new I was put into the 1826 game. The gaming instruction the other three players gave me was absolutly horrible. I had no idea what was going on most of the time. They did not explain the goal, basic turn actions, what a turn was, essentially nothing. Slowly I picked up the basic mechanics and afterwards realized more. The other thing was nobody told me it would take 4 to 6 hours to play! I had to end the game after 3 hours. I did not come in last though I probably would have if we played to completion.
I would play again. I will visit the game center again.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.