Thumb up
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: This weekend's gaming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Boes
United States
Saint Joseph
flag msg tools
Our D20 group, far-flung as it is, gets together about once a month. The GM (Mark) comes down to our house for the weekend, and we usually get in tons of board and card games as a result.

Got to introduce my wife, Mark, and John to the joy of Lowenherz, presently my favorite Euro game (I just got it in Jan '03). Sadly, the others didn't think nearly as much of this as I did, and I was quite surprised. I didn't even win, so they can't be blamed for sour grapes.

We did a 5-player Puerto Rico, too. None of us has played this more than a handful of times yet, so no obvious strategy has taken hold. However, as the winner, and the only one who got the Hospice/Hacienda combo in play, I was accused of having nearly broken this game. Sheesh, I won by all of 3 points or so. The H/H combo was nice, but I got relatively few chances to ship goods (I must have thrown away more goods than I shipped, because I could never seem to afford a warehouse of any kind). What turned the game for me was the Residence, since I had 11 plantation spaces filled.

We also hauled out a really moldy oldy: Merchants of Venus. I finished dead last in this one, because I had forgotten how critical it was to get a "Red" or "Combo" drive (I went for an early "Yellow", then the opportunities for short-range shipments kept me away from places where I could upgrade).

Several games of "Bohnanza", although we realized we were playing it wrong (we allow secondary trades of things you got in trade that turn).

Also on the table: Momma Mia, TransAmerica.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.