Thumb up
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: A game I used to have rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ziggy Zaggy
flag msg tools

About 12-15 years ago I used to have a board game called Businessman. It was a monopoly-style game, with dice rolled and players moving figurines around the board buying up property. It had cool features I hadn't seen in other games, like one player could become the bank if they drew a certain card and accepted it. That means they would control all of the game's money as their own. There were illegal businesses in the game, which could be confiscated if one drew a police card. The War Industry was one of the monopolies to be acquired, as well as the motor industry, night clubs and bars, etc. etc. The game was so cool it even had murder cards to be used on other players if memory serves correctly.

On a side note, I had this game when I was a kid in Lithuania. Pretty sure we were either still in the Soviet Union or just freed, but the game itself and all the cards were in English. Needless to say, I lost the game some time ago and haven't been able to find anything like it anywhere.

Anyway, if any of that rings a bell, could someone please point me to the manufacturer, or even a set of rules and a full description of the game and pieces somewhere?

Thanks a lot!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.