Plenty of people have written in detail so I will summarise my views:
- The packaging is beyond brilliant. Someone else coined the expression "cardboard fortress." I agree.
- The colours of the book/box are beautifully deep and vivid. It's magnificent, way better than I expected, way better than pictures suggest.
- As a hobby figure painter, my view is the general painting standard is very good, significantly better than I expected for a "high quality commercial production." When I think about how much I paid per painted figure, this is amazingly good value.
- The rule book is incredible. Hard cover, pages that feel like parchment. It's so good I feel like handling it with gloves on!
- There is minor damage to the side of the book spine. The manufacturer has tried to cover it up to a degree. Frankly, it is fairly trivial and is to the "curved pages" part of the box, not the outside "leather" edge. It adds character, I'll live with it, no problem and definitely no complaint.
- Enough said about the hinges. Take care.
- I haven't looked through the individual figures in detail yet. I hear Galadriel is a "double bagger" so I have been warned.
- Gandalf will forever be known as Gandalf the Peach. Do I care or will I repaint him? No chance, this is the way he came and this is the way he stays.
- This is worth every penny/cent and much more. This has redefined the concept of how good production values can get.
- To all those who have laboured to make this edition exist, thank you so much.
- To all those who are undecided given some negative comments, find a set and look at it. Also have your money ready as you will decide to buy.
- Even my wife likes it!!!!!!
I totally agree with you, even my wife likes it! The best purchase I have made since Axis and Allies Anniversary Edition!
What material are the minis made of, metal or plastic?
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.