1 Posts

Forlorn: Hope» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Going Our Way: this is one tough solitaire AAR rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Bourgeois
British Columbia
flag msg tools

Ok, the first solitaire scenario was not exactly a cake walk but it wasn't as hard as it could have been. I was thinking that the second would be a bit harder but nothing to write home about for difficulty. Going My Way is tough... if you don't pay attention to how to play this game you will die... if you play it smart... you'll succeed but you still might lose a marine or two. (I was lucky... not skilled)

We started out in the lower level of the space station in the Engineering section. It was quiet... we had chatter from the trapped marines and they were reporting a fairly constant sound of movement all around them. To be honest most of the guys weren't all the worried about the Lieutenant... he seemed to land on his feet and he was an 'Officer'. (ooohhh) The other fellas were close... they fought with us and backed us up when there was trouble and we wanted to get them out safely. We went in fast and hard and divvied up the approach.

Sgt Fox went in alone to the east and cleaned out the secondary approach to the Lieutenant and the Private. He hacked the security door and as it drew open he saw the Marines waiting for him inside. The rest of the marines moved northwards and secured the perimeter entrance

The Xenos moved in quickly and were dropped as they approached... it was close... both Fox and Pvt Vinny stood off attacks and survived.

As the second security door was opened we started moving towards the exit point. A few Xenos got removed from the way and then as we paused the next Xeno wave hit. We survived this and the next few waves with no loss of life... we backed into the corridors surrounding our exit point and used our best combat marines to blockade the Xeno access points. Leaving them a space to spawn onto and one more to move made it very easy to keep them under control

We went out from rank private to corporals to sergeants and finally the Lieutenant left... it was tight... I won't lie to you but we made it out alive and took a good bunch of the Xenos with them... as the access point closed we could hear their claws scratching the titanium plate behind us... and then it all went quiet. We got the job done though and we'd do it again the next time. We are Marines.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.