Thumb up
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Newie & "Carcassonnes" dilema rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fer moros
South Korea
flag msg tools
Hi! somebody comment to me about writing a journal... so here i am, trying....

let's do a little bit of diary:

This has been our 3rd weekend at the Kwang-Ju (SK) boardgame cafe. We have never played new/German games before, only just keen on games, and collect old games.

This cafe is awesome... these are the games we have played so far each weekend.

1) pit, H&Gathereres
2) H&G, Labyrinth
3) Carcassonne, Lost Cities, Labyrinth

Why to bother saying what everyone knows??? They are great !! and i can not wait to the next weekend !!!

only one thought: -i am warming now-

CARCASSONNE or H&G , that is the question.....

For me is difficult to choose, my choice is biased by not only one , but two feelings:

a) I have been in Carcassonne (the city), and loved it. Recommend it to everybody here to visit.

b) Always between two things, I like the original, the older, the one that was the breaker.... H&G was a follower...

When i try to put this feelings apart... and also when i read unbiased comments about both games... The later seems to show as a Carcassonne improved.... therefore a better choice gamewise. Not to mention my wife, who after playing H&G, did not like Carcassonne !! and got crossed as did not understand the farmers scoring angry
i personally dont like to score for unfinished features, but of course, we dont need to, we can change that, end of the problem.

...then, I am closed to order... the doubt attack again... why to buy a game about a Zoo called Carcassonne... when i can have a game about my beloved city Carcassonne, and is basically the same.....??

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.