Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john mcnamara
United States
grand rapids
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there......i just got this puppy in the latest math trade. After reading of its glory, i realized this won't see the table with our gaming group due to length.

So, my idea is i could have the person sending it to me, send it to you and you send me a game? So message me if you are interested in the next day or so.

Just let me know if you are interested, and i will look through your trade list....the game i get doesn't necessarily have to be on my wish list.

Today is march 13th, saturday............thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Defevers
United States
Fort Thomas
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two things:

1. Aren't you a little afraid that trading away a game you just traded for before you even get it will set up some kind of temporal paradox, perhaps even tearing a hole in the fabric of reality?

2. Silverton's pretty fun to play solo. Just saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john mcnamara
United States
grand rapids
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, i am interested in temporal paradoxes and create them with intention. solo play...........hmmmmm.....i also am finding that playing with myself creates multiple temporal paradoxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mumford
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
ceci n'est pas une pipe
mbmbmbmbmb
i don't understand why the folks who love these long games, such as Silveron and 18XX, mostly love the longest versions. the original Silverton has the smaller map at least. it looks more playable in an evening

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john mcnamara
United States
grand rapids
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i understand the love for a meaty game and the love of length, but with three kids and all the other stuff in me life, ive gots no time!!! we pack our days too full....and if i do get to have a day long session, i have a list of games waiting already......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't say too much because we have only played one time. BUT... what I can say is we had a great time and only played to turn 16. OR... set a time limit. After 90 min. Game over; add the score. My point? just play till you want to quit...

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JimM wrote:
I can't say too much because we have only played one time. BUT... what I can say is we had a great time and only played to turn 16. OR... set a time limit. After 90 min. Game over; add the score. My point? just play till you want to quit...

Jim

For super long games that you want to play, but never have the time, I find this is one of the best things one can do. AS long as everyone knows the time limits, it's all good and fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Anderson
United States
Herriman
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I met with the Denver Gamers group a couple of years ago, we held special Saturday "epic games" days at my son's house for those who wanted to give long games a try. Silverton was one of those, and we had a blast. Magic Realm and War of the Ring (original S&T version) were others. The pizza and drinks helped too of course...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Finke
United States
Cumming
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always play with 2 surveyors, regardless of how many players, to help speed up the development of the game. Using generic cubes on the mine instead of digging for the specific marker chip helps also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.