Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Strabala
United States
Hiawatha
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
With a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just purchased this game and will be taking delivery of it next week. I am curious if the aircraft in Sortie represent any actual planes? Or are they a generic representation of WWII aircraft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the basic game, they are generic.

In the advanced game, there are rules and cards to portray specific aircraft capabilities, but it is rather abstract.

This is a fun game and usually quick. I recommend playing a few sessions with open hands to get used to the mechanics.

The game is pretty much an aerial gladiator contest with no historic scenarios. That being said, this might be a very good game to incorporate into another game (like Axis and Allies Miniatures, Command Decision, etc.) to determine if tactical air support is available for one side or another or if glider/airborne troops get through to the drop zone.

The game is fun in its own right, and the theme and game bits are first rate. I hope you enjoy it as much or more than I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Evans
Canada
Nobleton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As you've no doubt seen by now, there's an interesting thing about the player tokens.

Each of the 6 metal Airplane Figures are a different design, so they're not just generic tokens painted different colours.

But the tokens aren't detailed enough to be completely accurate to any of the classic fighter designs depicted on the aircraft cards.

The silver token for instance is the only one of the 6 that can be said to represent the British Spitfire. But the wings are more oval-shaped rather than the Spitfire's elliptical wings.

Another token looks sort-of like either the P-47 Thunderbolt or the FW-190 Focke Wolf.

And I still can't decide which token looks closest to the Messerschmidt Me-109.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.