Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I have adblock, and although I don't use it (much); but this newest wave of ads makes me wish that I could block by some criteria other than location/size.

It would be nice if I could:
a) Block any ads with sound.
b) Block non-game related ads.

In fact, if there were a box that let me say "Show me game ads only" I'd probably let everything through.

I know we get mainly game related ads (and I'm fine with that) but the non-game ads are getting more annoying. I could just block everything,but I'd rather that game companies advertise here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Keener
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mb
I agree. The eHarmony ads that "sound off" on a mouseover are particularly offensive because I hit them almost every time I open a new window that has their ad at the top. So far, it's still a surprise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know there were sites that still allowed ads with sounds.
yuk

* Ring Ring *
Hey, 1995 called and they want their ads back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I only keep the top ad visible since its less annoying. I like having at least one ad visible since I see cool game ads but I don't want any of the others.

I agree, BGG subscribers should have an option to display only BGG purchased ads. Since we can turn them off anyway it would be nice to have a filter. It would give game publishers added value since a lot of subscribers just turn them all off since they don't want to see the non gaming ads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
I agree, BGG subscribers should have an option to display only BGG purchased ads.

I'd definitely go for that!

I have ads turned completely off because I'm sick of seeing the crappy dating site / evony / whatever is currently in rotation. I'd love to see GAME ads though. In the past, game ads have turned me onto games that I otherwise might not have even heard of. So yeah, this sounds like a great option!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.