Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Demers
Canada
Montréal south shore
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I was thinking of something this morning about multiple investigators attacking one or more monsters at the same location. The idea goes like this:

Investigators crossing a monster have the new choice to Sneak to hide. If successful, the investigator may hide awaiting his allies. If unsuccessful, he still suffers the combat damage and immediately enters into combat.

If other investigators choose to proceed with intent to combat as allies, they must all, in order of play, successfully hide awaiting the last investigator to complete his hide. The investigator who wants to cross through, still must do an evade check. If he fails, he suffers the monster damage, and starts combat. The hidden investigator(s) may help him by revealing himself (themselves) acting as supporting investigator(s) only. They can't trade or give any items except for one weapon. Although before entering as a supporter(s), he (they) must do a horror check.

Once the last investigator arrives, investigators may choose to trade or give items to each other. Investigators then designate their elite fighter. The elite fighter is responsible to roll the dice for all combat checks.

Combat begins with each investigator completing their horror check. If an investigator fails and goes insane, he immediately goes to the asylum.

The elite fighter is allotted an extra combat dice for each supporting investigator. If the elite fighter is successful in combat, he may distribute the monster trophy to a supporting investigator and carries on to the next monster if any. If failed, each investigator suffers the appropriate stamina loss and then proceed to the next round of combat. If any investigator has 0 stamina (unconscious), he immediately goes to the hospital.

Supporting investigators can help the elite fighter by paying the extra dice needed with their own clue tokens (not given nor shared) and by casting spells. Here are some examples of spells that can be cast to help everyone:

- Enchant weapon can help the elite fighter
- Wrack help everyone
- Call friend
- Red sign of Shudde M'ell
- Bind monster

Examples of spells that can't be used to help someone else other than the caster:

- Flesh Ward
- Foresee
- Whiter
- Summon Shantak
- Shrivelling

If during the combat the elite fighter goes insane or unconscious (means leaving combat to go to the asylum or the hospital), the remaining investigators must immediately designate a replacement elite fighter. Although this time, they can't trade or give any items to him except for one weapon.

If one or more investigators want to leave the combat, he or they must all successfully pass a flee check to proceed (as in the official rules).

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAX theDESTROYER
United States
America's High-Five
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am working on a similar ability for my unofficial expansion that allows another investigator on location to add their fight ability to the combat checks, but only if BOTH investigators have the ability. (Still playtesting, but I think this is most in keeping with the original playability of the game.)

edited to clarify "unofficial" whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Demers
Canada
Montréal south shore
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
nice to have a commentary but, there's a few things I don't understand. Just to share some good ideas, can you be more precise please about...

Quote:
...allows another investigator on location to add their fight ability to the combat checks...

Add their fight ability. Is it cumulative, an average or something else?

Quote:
...but only if BOTH investigators have the ability.

Which ability? An unofficial one?

Let me know, I'm curious.

By the way, we didn't play test my little variant yet my girlfriend and I, but as soon as it is done I'll let you know for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.