Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
mbmbmbmbmb
Introduction

Hello to everyone who might happen to read this. My name is Raiko and I have a little session report here I want to write to you about. About the title - on the 18th of February I had 100 days left to serve my country in the army, so I decided to play a game every day and then write a session about them. You can read them all in the Geeklist Geeklist Project: 100 days left to serve in the army!. For my 22nd game in the series I chose game Lübeck. I was quite skeptical about the game at first, but after the first game it all changed and now it is one of my favorite games I own. Very cool and light gaming experience. Biggest reason I bought the game is that this game had city Reval in it, which is our capital here, now know as Tallinn. Now little more about the games we played during the week.

The Game

The first game we played with 5 players: Rivo as yellow, Raiko as red, Martti as blue, Raul as black and Priit as green. The first game as always was little confusing, but since the game has like 2 pages of rules, it wasn't hard game. What I tried with my first game, was to get points with every move. As I learned later and what I know know, I now know that this is never a good way to go. So the first play I was basically just swimming around the board.
The first game ended with Rauls victory. Final score for the first game:
Raul - 65 points
Martti - 51 points
Rivo - 50 points
Raiko - 42 points
Priit - 32 points

After the first game, Priit left this game, because he wasn't very successful with planning his moves and cards. Still, with the second game I played my game in Danzing, Stetting and Riga. Basically never went any further than these cities. I thought that I could somehow win that way. Others played like they could. Rivo had some tactics as he passed a lot and didn't play any cards some moves. A later I found out why. He planned very carefully with both his pawns and removed then when necessary. And the biggest thing with second game was that the game was even. Now people actually chose the starting player for the turn with a plan and it was fun to see, that some plans worked really well. Still the scores weren't that high yet.
The final score for the second game:
Rivo - 69 points
Raiko - 57 points
Kaarel - 57 points
Hendrik - 55 points
Martti - 39 points

After that we played the game 5 times more. We pulled the game out of my closet when we had some spare time since the game took like 10 minutes to play. Quite often my friends said that lets play Lübeck.
The third game was now with four players. Now I started to play more with brains and actually planned with my cards and moves and everything. Weird that I didn't do that earlier. I now started to play with these "jumps" as they called it. I passed few moves, discarded unnecessary cards and when the time was right I "jumped". I played all my cards and with several multipliers getting like 25 points or more with one move. So the third game ended with my victory.
The third game final score:
Raiko - black - 69 points
Henrik - blue - 67 points
Rivo - red - 61 points
Priit - green - 49 points

We played another game after that game, but once again, Priit took a little rest , so we played it with three players. The game gets biggest scores with three players, since we get the most cards that way. One thing is that you have to keep and eye on the fact that you can keep only three cards to the next round.
Score for the fourth game:
Raiko - 89 points
Henrik - 80 points
Rivo - 80 points
For the fifth gam
e Priit returned as yellow player. This was somehow our biggest scoring game ever, although there were 4 players.
Henrik - 90 points
Rivo - 82 points
Raiko - 64 points
Priit - 60 points

the score got much higher, since we all got better at the game and planning. We started to memorize other players cards and passing so that they were not able to play their cards and so on. So the game is getting better by the play.
Sixth game I have a log on here was played right before I got home. It were played by me, Rivo and Henrik.
I made total of four jumps that game. That means that I moved only four times. That is how good I got in that game.
The final score for the fourth game:
Raiko - 92 points (almost a hundred)
Rivo - 74 points
Henrik - 68 points

So I can say clearly that we enjoyed the game a lot. It is very easy game to learn and to play, but to play it well, you need to practice it a lot. So this was my 22nd game already in my series here, and that means that I have only 78 more game to play. Til next time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Jõesaar
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raiko, I would like to hear your comment about the translation of the rules. Were Estonian rules clear enough? Or do you prefere to use original German and English rules instead of my translation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
mbmbmbmbmb
costello wrote:
Raiko, I would like to hear your comment about the translation of the rules. Were Estonian rules clear enough? Or do you prefere to use original German and English rules instead of my translation?

I actually read English rules as always, but other in the army all read Estonian rules. They were very clear.
Did you wrote for Minotaur Labyrinth as well? Those were well written.
Since I do write rules anyway, contact me and I can translate some games for you

Raiko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Jõesaar
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
binraix wrote:
I actually read English rules as always, but other in the army all read Estonian rules. They were very clear.

Good to know, thank you!

binraix wrote:
Did you wrote for Minotaur Labyrinth as well? Those were well written.

As my own German is not so good, Minotauros was a contract job. But of course, we did the necessary corrections after playtesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.