Thumb up
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Friday Night (6/6/03) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Rowan
United States
flag msg tools
I didn't play too many games tonight because I only slept 3 hours last night, so I faded early.

I started off with a game of Balloon Cup against Doug Chorey, since no one else had shown up yet. This was my first time playing, and I quite like it - very clever. Guess it is a good thing I bought it!

Next, I dived into a game of Santa Fe Rails with Jesse, Stephen, William and I, since I finally picked up my own copy and was eager to play. I was doing very well, piling up a reserve of 73 dollars, but I just barely lost to the guy doing an all-city strategy (William). He hit 156 and I was 149, 7 measly points. Next time!

After Santa Fe Rails, I watched the game of Schrille Stille being played and learned the rules in anticipation of my own copy arriving soon. Then I played another game of Balloon Cup with Doug, since the Schrille Stille players started again and the other four were still in McMulti. Next, Doug and I played a game called High Spot which was simple, but interesting and didn't require too much thought - perfect for my level of fatigue!

After that, we looked through the collection of about 50 old American boardgames that Doug brought in, looking to thin his collection, and reminisced about how many we had played as kids.

All in all, a good night. We peaked at about 10-12 people - slow night since a lot of people were out of town.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.