Popular Tags: [View All]
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Originally posted at the Heroscape Marvel forum, but reposted here, for your convenience... )

I recently recommended the "Worlds Finest" unofficial expansion for Marvel(& DC)Scape, and have since been reading up on the people behind it, the "C3G" project on Heroscapers.com, and must say that I am now a BIG fan!

The C3G project is a group of dedicated Heroscapers and Superhero fans, who have teamed up to make Superhero customs for Heroscape.
They do really great work, and unless there´s ever any official superhero expansions released, it´s the closest we´ll ever get, I guess...

It´s a group effort, with well thought out stats and powers, co-ordinated power descriptions and synergies, thoroughly playtested, and with promises of more to come, and the figures used should be more or less readily available at one of the many online stores that sell Heroclix singles...
While there´s already many interesting Superhero customs to be found at Heroscapers.com, most are the uncoordinated efforts of individuals, with big differences in relative power leves and costs, special powers with different rules and wordings, and uncoordinated synergy references.
The C3G project strives for relative power levels, and costs, of the figures to be balanced, with synergies that work, and are referenced for any new figures made, and special powers, like in regular, official `Scape, will have the same wordings if reused.

Their next release, a "Master set" of X-Men and enemies seems to be almost ready for release, and the next project after that is a free-for-all including a couple more X-Men, a few JLA´ers and a few more figures beside that.

So even if you´re not comfortable mixing custom units with your regular, official `Scape, the C3G units should work within their own context, and playing the "Worlds Finest", or the upcomming "Rise of the Mutants" sets, should bring you hours of Heroscape Superhero fun!

Here´s a link, so you can go and see for yourself:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=68

I hope these guys stick with it for a long time! And I hope the Fantastic Four are not too far away...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I'm actually disappointed, by your subject line, I thought the news was that there was finally going to be a Star Wars set...

Ah well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
-Johnny- wrote:
Ah, I'm actually dissapointed, by your subject line, I thought the news was that their was finally going to be a Star Wars set...

Ah well...

THAT would be effing awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:

Indeed, it would be fornicating fantastic! whistle

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
-Johnny- wrote:
Ah, I'm actually dissapointed, by your subject line, I thought the news was that their was finally going to be a Star Wars set...

Ah well...

Sorry to disappoint you...

What I meant, of course, was that there´s new hope for anybody, like me, who´s sad that Marvel Heroscape, and the promised expansions, didn´t quite take off...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
oneilljgf wrote:
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:

Indeed, it would be fornicating fantastic! whistle

Jim
Est. 1949

Exactly! How great would Star Wars Heroscape figures be? I dont want to say better than fornication but at least on the same playing field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer my plastic toys on the gaming table thank you...

Star Wars Scape would be cool indeed, but for the moment, I´m quite happy to be getting some more Superheroes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding Star Wars, there's actually a work in progress at Heroscapers:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=24975
One of the contributers has also made his own customs:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=15746
So there is plenty of opportunity for Star Wars Scape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.