Thumb up
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Parlor Games (Wed 6/11) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Rowan
United States
flag msg tools
I started off the night with 4-player Lost Cities with Tom, Jack, Jesse, and I. Tom and I handily crushed the Js, so all was as it should be.

Next, we jumped into Port Royal with Tom, Jack, Ken, and I (Jesse wandered off to dinner). Again, I won the game, so the world, naturally, continued to turn. At least I think I won... I've slept since then.

Next game up, same players, continued the Queen mid-box theme and we cracked open Alhambra. Both Jack nor Tom claimed to have never played before, but suspiciously, they came in first and second, respectively. Hmm... clearly, Ken and I were hustled. Insults were frequently exchanged and embraced with equal good humor by all.

At this point, I took a quick break to buy Die Magier von Pangea from Tom, completing my Queen mid-box collection with all 5 games (Atlantic Star, Metro, Die Magier von Pangea, Port Royal, and Alhambra). Yay! More games!

Next, the night was drawing toward a close, so we opted for a couple quick games that some folks had not yet played, such as Cash (Jack won, and I came in second), and then Memo Street, at which I regained my rightful position as top dog, beating everyone with my 130 point score (scored both the top bonus and completed every row on the lower half). Yahoo!

Finishing time was about midnight, as I carried the games up to my office with Tom's help, then went home. Good news is that Jesse/I successfully passed off 3 dozen delicious birthday cupcakes (thanks, Marcee!) on a dozen unsuspecting gamers. Disappointingly, some of the attendees did not carry their fair share of the disposal burden, so others were unpleasantly forced to consume more than their fair share... One of those "hurts so good" moments.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.