Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ramsey
Canada
North Delta
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.
mbmbmbmbmb
ruggedscooter wrote:
My gut says 4 but I can't find it anywhere "official"

There is no limit. You are probably thinking of the limit of 4 ships to attack a colony (not including reinforcements). However with the new expansion there is the Alien that can launch an entire planet as it's attack and you could do that with as many ships as you want on that planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simbiate plus Amoeba you could get 40 ships on one planet, from one player.

In theory, one planet could hold every ship in the game, though it's very unlikely to happen. What is more likely to happen is that all but 1 ship of one player is in the warp, and then someone plays Mobieus Tubes and so the other 19 ships have to go to that one planet (I've seen this happen more than once).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Withem

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
The only limitation is the actual physical limitation of the number of pieces that come with the game. With the expansion that is 6 player colors and a total of 120 ships. so 120 Ships is the maximum one could have with one copy of Cosmic Encounter and Cosmic Incursion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Simbiate plus Amoeba you could get 40 ships on one planet, from one player.

In a double-power, six-player game, it is theoretically possible for a single player using Amoeba + Fungus + The Prometheus to launch 121 physical ships in the hyperspace gate which would add 124 to his side's total and earn 21 cards in compensation. (Anybody who actually pulls this off is flat-out insane, of course.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.