Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Glisson
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
www.scottsigler.com/gfl
badge
I'm gonna keep signing my posts so just let it go already.
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgames with Scott's Agricola vid is about the only thing that got me up and running with that game. I was wondering if there was a site that sets up a game, and ideally tells you how to set up your game in the same fashion so you can follow along, to be a hand holding walk through for games to help the thicker ones of us figure out how to play the damn things. I'm dying to get some people into Race for the Galaxy but I just can't figure it out myself. soblue I have a few other games like that as well where a video walkthrough would be deadly!

Kraken Fan #69

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Definitive List of Board Game Videos and Interactive Tutorials
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Bowman
United States
Yarmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, although it doesn't help with Race for the Galaxy (yet), you should check out Ryan Sturm's How to Play Podcast:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/website/746

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Look on the game page, usually in the Web Links section.

I saw one video, more of a review apparently, on the RftG page
http://www.2d6.org/2009/12/race-for-the-galaxy-video-review/

If you can't find a video for a game, look at the reviews. They often describe how to play, at least an overview. I've found that helpful.

RftG is definitely learnable. I walked myself through several sample turns before I tried to play a full game. I learned it from the rule book, although the rulebook wasn't as clear as it could have been. And like most games, it's hard to explain in writing but not so hard when you see how to play. The biggest part of the learning curve, once you get the turn actions down, is the card icons. But they really aren't that bad - just learn the ones you need, as you need them, for the cards you actually have in your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Summers
United States
Ammon
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played games a lot deeper (according to BGG's weight charts) than RftG, and yet I still have a hard time wrapping my head around it. Just doesn't click for me for some reason.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Bowman
United States
Yarmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That 2d6.org review really won't help you learn to play Race. It's a great site and they have put out a few tutorials for games, but mostly for games that absolutely need no tutorial because they have quite clear rules--Pandemic, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.