1 Posts

Conquest of the Fallen Lands» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Good Game That deserves More Attention rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Cooper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a sad fact that many great games fly under the radar of most people. I consider myself pretty well informed in the board game world and was surprised last Christmas when my present from my brother was a game I had never heard of "Conquest of the Fallen Lands." No doubt a big part of the reason this game went unnoticed was the fact that it was published by Assa Games. Who? Exactly.

Despite being a small publisher I found the components to be of pretty good quality. The art is not too much to write home about but it has its own charm and I would think most people who like fantasy would like it. The set up has a strong Settlers of Catan feel as you lay out tiles to make the map and they all have numbers on them, but the similarities end there.

The game play has a nice quick pace to it. There is usually little down time and keeps you mentally engaged as you plan your turns while the other players take theirs. You will take control of areas by playing cards down and the ones down make it easier for you to take other areas around them. You gain money by taking areas and the player at the end of the game with the most money wins.

It is a light game with some luck involved having to do with card drawing. There is a good amount of strategy and paying attention to what your opponents are doing.

CONCLUSION:
I find this game to be very enjoyable as a light maybe even filler game. You can talk to your friends as the game is played as it does not require all of your attention. 8 out of 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.