Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Where do you storage your Dominion's sleeved cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricardo Lopez
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered the game, but I noted that the cards can't be stored in the game's box once they are sleeved.

inb4 lol @ using sleeves. I'm a Magic player, so I just LOVE sleeves and how you can shuffle cards with them. k? thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I store my sleeved cards... in the box! The kingdom, curse, victory and randomizer cards fit in their respective slots if sleeved. Only the treasure cards don't fit in their slots unless you remove 10 copper, 5 silver and 5 gold. I store these in my Seaside box, but you can lay them down in the middle of the base game box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Put the copper in the central hole.

Put the silver in the copper hole.

Put the gold in the silver hole.

I made several inlays that cater to this specific layout; find them in the file sections, if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hagen
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went just a little bit further...

http://boardgame.geekdo.com/thread/492101/the-box-my-diy-dom...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swain Voorman
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I discarded the original box as well for a custom magnetic design:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Williams
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Carter
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're a Magic player, you may already have a couple 1000-count card boxes lying around. If you do, you can make this (pictured without sleeved cards, but sleeved cards will fit too):

There are step-by-step instructions to put this together at http://www.theboardgameblog.com/?p=22.

- Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Landberger
Sweden
Spånga
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I make custom sized boxes in oak...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, it depends totally on what kind of sleeves you are using.

If you are using the Mayday Euro Card sleeves you can just put the cards back in the box, except you put the Gold in the Silver Slot, the Silver in the Copper slot and the Copper in the middle slot. Or you can just take a few of each and put them behind the blanks/trash and be fine too.

If you use Premium Euro Sleeves by Mayday you can do the same thing, but you have to do a bit more re-arranging for the Estates and Curses too.

Now if you have the FFG Euro sized sleeves.. well you have to get a different box, since they are way too long for the dominion box, and also much wider than the MDG sleeves.

In fact if you want to see a neat trick, take a Dominion card, sleeve it with a standard euro sleeve by Mayday and then take that sleeved card and put it in an FFG sleeve, it will fit just fine!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Manasan
Philippines
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I put mine in MTG fatpack boxes. One for the basic cards, plus one more fatpack box for each 25-card expansion. All the sets (so far) pack up in about the same volume as a single official dominion box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.