Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: More Powerful Investigator Combos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a game recently with Leo and Harvey, among others.

Harvey started with a Tommy Gun. The first Mythos (Innsmouth Horror) put five monsters in Innsmouth itself.

It took two turns to get up there because Harvey is getting on and doesn't move around like he used to, but the Deep One, the Warlock, the Cultist, the Star Spawn and Barnabas Marsh were all easy pickens.

He prevented his own sanity loss and Leo was there in case of a failed combat check to save stamina. Not that he needed it with the Tommy Gun.
One of the two clues from the Warlock helped polish off the Star Spawn when he only got two hits. He did take three sanity hits, but with seven, no ill effect.

Marie after she passes her personal story and uses her Witch Blood ability twice gives her seven spells. Anybody with the Visions card (C ofthe DP?), in this case Charlie, gives her six clues and a seal. Of course depending on which spells she discards. It takes three turns, but that's faster than she can get them midgame when the game is on the line.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apatheticexecutioner wrote:
Harvey started with a Tommy Gun. The first Mythos (Innsmouth Horror) put five monsters in Innsmouth itself.

It took two turns to get up there because Harvey is getting on and doesn't move around like he used to, but the Deep One, the Warlock, the Cultist, the Star Spawn and Barnabas Marsh were all easy pickens.

He prevented his own sanity loss and Leo was there in case of a failed combat check to save stamina. Not that he needed it with the Tommy Gun.
One of the two clues from the Warlock helped polish off the Star Spawn when he only got two hits. He did take three sanity hits, but with seven, no ill effect.

Pfft, Hank Samson gets there on turn 1 and loses 0 Sanity (since no Horror checks unless he fails a Combat check) cool. Also has higher Fight than Harvey so even less likely to fail a combat check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Aubert
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best combo I though is Patrice (the violonist), Joe (the Private eye) and (optionnaly) the investigator that allow once per turn to reroll a failed dice.

Patrice collect the clue, Joe double their effectiveness and can get more succes with the third investigaor abilities. I become very hard for Joe to fail something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hankroyd wrote:
Best combo I though is Patrice (the violonist), Joe (the Private eye) and (optionnaly) the investigator that allow once per turn to reroll a failed dice.

Patrice collect the clue, Joe double their effectiveness and can get more succes with the third investigaor abilities. I become very hard for Joe to fail something.

These three investigators are seen individually as some of the best. Add Jacqueline Fine to the mix (and have her spend Patrice's clues) and you've got a winning team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard atkinson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
how are you using other investigators to spend clues collected by a different one? clues may not be traded amongst each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
werewombat wrote:
how are you using other investigators to spend clues collected by a different one? clues may not be traded amongst each other.

Patrice Hathaway (from the Innsmouth expansion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zack x
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
werewombat wrote:

There is an encounter at the Newspaper Prints, that allows you to do trade them like if they were regular items. It was brought with the dunwich horror expansion i think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Spleen of Morbius
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. I need Innsmouth. Fish monsters. I need it... and money...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lam
United States
Newcastle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
kungfro wrote:
Hankroyd wrote:

These three investigators are seen individually as some of the best. Add Jacqueline Fine to the mix (and have her spend Patrice's clues) and you've got a winning team.

I agree that Jacqueline + mountain of clues = makes game sad.

I'd argue for Patrice, Jacqueline, Mandy and Wilson though. I think 2 investigators with clue-spending abilities might be too much. Also Wilson starting with SG, infinite focus, and being a money source so Patrice can camp at shops (Newspaper when she runs out of money) more often = win.

However, you can always add a 5th player. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.