Thumb up
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Miscellaneous Thoughts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Derscheid
United States
flag msg tools
I've been playing games regularly this year, and crossed the 200-play mark this weekend. I had an interesting day when my friends Jacob and Julie invited me over. We played Puerto Rico, with a side venture into Carcassonne by Jacob and I, when Julie was putting their son Dylan down for his nap.
Jacob won Puerto Rico by one VP, which confused the heck out of him. He is not won over on Puerto Rico yet, but plays as a favor to me. On the other hand, I have not yet seen the light on Taj Mahal. Julie won by a few points in the last round; I had squandered too many cards in the preceding couple of rounds, and got nothing for it.
On the bright side, I won Carcassonne by 47 points. Jacob had his men slightly more tied up than I did, and didn't get as many scoring opportunities in midgame.
All in all, a great visit. Jacob and I agreed to keep trying the other's favorite game, and we finished by planning to meet in the next few weeks to hang out with Jacob's brother and nephew. Reportedly, HeroClix will be the order of the day. Jacob and I are a little skeptical, having already fallen victim to the CCG phase from 1993 through 1998, but what the heck, can't hurt to try it.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.