Assyria» Forums » Reviews

Subject: A Video Review of ASSYRIA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Board to Death TV
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools

You can also watch more reviews on Board to Death TV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim OConnor
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great video, but I think there might be a couple rule errors:

1) Huts on the rivers score camels. In the video it says 2 camels for each hut on a river, but I think it is 3 camels for the first hut on each river, and two camels for each additional hut on each river.

2) The video shows the turn order reset with the person who took the best cards getting the first position for the next turn. I think this is incorrect, the person who got the best cards last round gets the last position in turn order.

3) Player with the most influence (not huts) gets a value in prestige points equal to the sum of the expansion cards. Then take away the highest expansion card, and player with next most influence get the sum of the remaining expansion cards.

That's the way I read the rules, but stand to be corrected if I'm wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Cano
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tubbsoc wrote:
Great video, but I think there might be a couple rule errors:

1) Huts on the rivers score camels. In the video it says 2 camels for each hut on a river, but I think it is 3 camels for the first hut on each river, and two camels for each additional hut on each river.

2) The video shows the turn order reset with the person who took the best cards getting the first position for the next turn. I think this is incorrect, the person who got the best cards last round gets the last position in turn order.

3) Player with the most influence (not huts) gets a value in prestige points equal to the sum of the expansion cards. Then take away the highest expansion card, and player with next most influence get the sum of the remaining expansion cards.

That's the way I read the rules, but stand to be corrected if I'm wrong.

You're absolutely right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. So this explanation video has 3 mistakes in it. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CassSoren
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The video is wrong, you are correct. 3 camels for your first hut on a river, 2 camels for each subsequent hut on the same river.

2) If by "better" you mean right-most goes last and left-most goes first, you're right. Turn order changes after the card taking phase. The discs move up to the turn order track in the same order, left to right, they were in on the card taking track. They video doesn't show this.

3) Where to even start with the flood scoring... First, the dignitary points are not scored on the track. In other words, if you have a hut in the middle "2" section, you do not get 2 points on the track and your plow card back. You get 2 points toward the influence scoring and your plow card. The dignitary points are used only to show who has gathered the most influence. Sum the value of each player's huts in the dignitary column, rank players in order highest to lowest. Then, as you describe, the players score the sum of the round cards, with the highest round card taken away after each player.

They did get right the one thing we found we were doing wrong, which was resetting the ziggarut multiplier to zero at the end of each reign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Eve
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
hatemachine wrote:
Wow. So this explanation video has 3 mistakes in it. shake

I, too, am astonished when free resources on the internet have minor flaws.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.