aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So my normally non-gamer wife has played pandemic and loved it. I also played shadows over camelot and she loves it. I'm excited that I've (finally) discovered a flavor of game that she like. Please let me know if there are any other wife-friendly co-op games you can think of i should try, thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Tak
United States
Chapin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir I do believe that if your wife is enthusiastically playing both Pandemic and Shadows Over Camelot, she is indeed a gamer!

But the immediate one that springs to mind is Arkham Horror. It's a small step up in complexity (base game only that is, expansions just go all over the place)

You could try some of the others that have been given the 'no-DM' treatment, like Descent or Doom if she likes the idea of either of them but not the adversarial part. You basically automate the 'bad guy' so that the players are all on the same team vs. the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
* Lord of the Rings
* Castle Panic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goran M
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Red November could be also one of your choices.

This one could fill your collection of coop games but with slightly different feeling than Shadows or Pandemic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pabian
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
This will show you all the games on BGG that have some form of Co-Op element to them that you can look through:
Co-operative Play

You might want to try out Ghost Stories

There are other games that seem to fit this Horror/Co-op combination, including:
Arkham Horror
A Touch of Evil
Witch of Salem

There is also Space Alert . I really want to try this game with my girlfriend.

Another one is Lord of the Rings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Red November and Ghost Stories were the first two that came to my mind.

Several have mentioned Arkham Horror which is a really great game. However it's a lot more in terms of stuff (The thing has 1.2 million components with all the expansion stuff you can get) than the other ones your wife has enjoyed. So I would suggest before diving into that one you find out if it's one she'd be interested in. If she is you're going to have a lot of fun with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Wehneman
United States
Georgetown
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game. That is my wife's favorite game.

BSG is similar to Shadows over Camelot in that it's semi-cooperative: you are all working together, except for one or two people who are secretly working against the group.

- Neil Wehneman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Forbidden Island should be out within the next couple months

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If she can handle a traitor in Shadows over Camelot, then something without being a pure co-op is Saboteur. Simple, cooperative, but in the sense that there are two secret teams - the majority of the miners and the saboteurs. It's a very simple game that is easy to introduce to anyone, but you need at least 3 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.