BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Help ID this game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
Bryce Nakagawa
United States
California
flag msg tools
I already tried searching on the keywords realtime and card game, maybe someone here can help.

I witnessed a card game that was real time and multiplayer (4?) that featured colorful cards that had numerical values (and no other artwork) that I seem to recall being square in shape.

I was passing by in a hurry and I didn't catch the name of the game and I was wondering if anyone knows what it might have been...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Ligretto? It's sort of a double solitaire like thing - you place your aces in the middle and everyone can play on them, while you work on your own tableau in front of you. It can be played with standard decks of cards, but there are commercial versions out there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuuli Mustasydän
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coolpapa wrote:
Maybe Ligretto? It's sort of a double solitaire like thing - you place your aces in the middle and everyone can play on them, while you work on your own tableau in front of you. It can be played with standard decks of cards, but there are commercial versions out there...

Maybe the OP is thinking of the Ligretto version:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Nakagawa
United States
California
flag msg tools
If it helps, the cards had a white background with colored borders (?) and definitely colored numerals in a fairly substantial san serif font.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't suppose you mean these:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Nakagawa
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'm pretty sure the numbers didn't go that high. Most of them were single digit but they might have gone a bit higher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sudokarré comes very close to what you describe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Nakagawa
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ah, I believe I encountered a game still in development whose working title is Nay Jay. I will be sure to describe it in more detail once it is released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.