Subject: Rolling for damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a game yesterday. Borg v Enterprise starters. We stopped due to time before anyone blew up but the Borg has just done 12 pts of system damage, twice in a row, and had reduced the core integrity a couple of times already.

Just had one question. You only roll the damage die once, right? So, if I do 12 points and I roll the Reduce Core Integrity facet, we don't roll again, correct?

I really enjoyed it. A lot of decision making about how hard to push the core, where to allocate energy, when to roll movement and when not to, etc.

Hoping to play this some more. Fortunately, I have the Galaxy starter and the Vor'Cha starter and a few boosters so I have some variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Yan
United States
La Mirada
California
flag msg tools
Yes you're correct, you roll the damage die for each hit. In this case it might have been a lucky result for the Federation, instead of taking 12 damage they took -1 on the Warp Core and -3 on the Reserve Power. Of course, if the Enterprise had no facing shield and no reserve power that would be 4 points to the Warp Core.

You're very fortunate to have the Galaxy and Vor'cha, they are very hard to find. I enjoy games with them as they are smaller ships and play a bit faster. Of course the Klingons are fun with all of their huge disruptors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fenyan wrote:
Of course, if the Enterprise had no facing shield and no reserve power that would be 4 points to the Warp Core.
Really? Hmmm, then maybe we played that incorrectly. I do not recall if he had any points left in his for shields. I'll have to re-read that section of the rules.
fenyan wrote:
You're very fortunate to have the Galaxy and Vor'cha, they are very hard to find.
Tell me about it. I made some good trades and got lucky at some clearance bins in out of the way game stores.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Yan
United States
La Mirada
California
flag msg tools
Sorry, I'm incorrect about the -4 to the Warp Core. I was thinking of the carryover damage when one system is destroyed, the extra damage goes to reserve then Warp Core.

I remember when the Vor'cha, Galaxy and boosters came out. It was hard to find any stores carrying them. We found a few in California and one in Texas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played again last night. I was Enterprise, my friend was Borg. Borg won.

I had a couple questions about applying damage. On some facets you have Apply to 1 system, or apply to the facing weapons or any weapons.

Let's say I run out of that 1 system that all the damage gets applied to and several points are leftover. I believe the leftover drains the reserve and if you run out of reserve from that, any remainder goes against core integrity? Is that correct?

Thanks.

Again, had a lot of fun playing this. I think we will try Borg v Borg next.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Yan
United States
La Mirada
California
flag msg tools
michaeldavidcox wrote:

Let's say I run out of that 1 system that all the damage gets applied to and several points are leftover. I believe the leftover drains the reserve and if you run out of reserve from that, any remainder goes against core integrity? Is that correct?

Yes. So when systems are down to a few dice, and reserve power is low, the potential for a warp core breach goes up. Especially, if I remember correctly, when the facet that allows the Attacker to choose any one system is rolled.

Never played Borg vs. Borg, that should be fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.