Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Game #366 at http://www.flexboardgames.com/Rftg.html .

VERSUS

Turn 1:
Warlord: +1+1 + Settle = Smuggler's Lair
Cantina: Settle + Trade = Aqua Teen UPLIFT Race

Rationale:
Cantina doesn't have particularly good cards, and trading 5 new ones for 3 old ones seems like a good idea.

Turn 2:
Warlord: +1+1 + Develop = R+D Crash Program and Terraforming Robots
Cantina: Develop + Develop = Investo-Credits and Interstellar Bank

(Note Gogglelord overpays by a card for one of his Devs. Its a bug!)

Rationale:
Cantina got these developments, plus Rebel Pact. With the Big Explore prize out there, I want to get out the pact and move towards it. I completely forget that the primary power of Rebel Pact is actually totally boss when paired with the Cantina - I'm just so used to tossing it!

Turn 3:
Warlord: ?Settle + ?Settle = REBEL Fuel Cache?
Cantina: Develop + Settle = REBEL Pact + Pirate World

Rationale: Arrr, I wants the pirate booty! arrrh

Turn 4:
Warlord: Settle + ?Produce : Interstellar Prospectors
Cantina: Settle + Trade = Devolved UPLIFT Race

Rationale: Uplift Code in hand, but gotta fund it...

Gogglelord brings out Interstellar Prospectors for Maximum Effect!

Turn 5:
Warlord: ?Cx2 (6vp?) + Produce = Prospecting Guild + Outlaw World
Cantina: Develop + ?Settle? = UPLIFT Code + Bug UPLIFT Race

GoggleLord's Prospecting Guild gets him the Explore Most Goal. Not to mention, its a tremendous build for him all around. He needs the nifty consume power. He has already 3 Rare worlds and TERRAFORMING Robos. He probably has a certain other TERRAFORMING card in hand at this point too.

Rationale: anticipating his produce, I draw the 6 cards with the all-powerful UPLIFT Code. With Warlord committed to Produce/Consume, it gives me 11 VP and 12 cards.

Turn 6:
Warlord: Cx2(6vp) + Produce = TERRAFORMING Guild
Cantina: Develop + Develop = Galactic Bankstas + Imperium Lords

Holy Snot! TERRAFORMING Guild completes the Trilogy. My double-6 drop gains ground. Gogglelord IMs: O_O
har har.

Rationale: Double Dev provides fewer options for him to draft me. Imperium Lords is only going to be a few points, but with the extra cardflow it provides on produce, its sort-of free. Except I forget that using the Banksta's ability comes before Produce, so I have to choose between giving up Really Really Good cards for VP, or slowing down my building. I toss IMPERIUM Seat and keep REBEL Stronghold and Clandestine UPLIFT Lab. In any case, I draw 11 cards per produce, so cardflow is now taken care of.
ninja

We're not in Kansas anymore. 500 games of Gathering Storm never prepared us for this!

Turn 7:
Warlord: ?E+5? + Cx2(6vp) = Destroyed World and Star Nomad Lair
Cantina: Settle + Settle = Rebel Stronghold and Clandestine UPLIFT Lab

Game ends on Tableau. Though I drop 16 points of Settly Goodness, he drafts for a respectable 8 points, and get 6 points on Cx2.

Final Score:
Warlord: 61.11
Cantina: 61.2

Congrats to Sean! His superior use of the Goggles has taught my Waskally Webels not to Overdo the Brew!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Neuhaus
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, this might be of use to you. At least it will help you get rid of the ???

http://www.flexboardgames.com/games/366.xml

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turn 3: I probably did explore/settle. I wanted cards to discard to make interstellar prospectors which were not prospecting guild and terraforming guild (and that card I just frivolously discarded in the develop phase, argh).

Turn 7: I did +1/+1, not +5. If I had drawn a military windfall, I could have played it, drawn two cards, and played New Earth for 5 points plus the consume power (2) (or Terraformed World for the same points, but trading a card for appropriateness). Instead I drew the best Destroyed World ever, and then a military windfall off that. Which worked out. I wish I had planned ahead the previous turn and consumed for one more card and two fewer points, so I could afford New Earth.

The brown terraforming/consume strategy is my absolute favorite when it works. I had an amazing two-player draft game a while back where I was picking all brown stuff either first or fourth/fifth so my opponent didn't notice. I got literally all the cards for it except for three crappy brown worlds. That means both conglomerates, all the 6 devs, all applicable robots... and my start world was Alpha Centauri! It was soooo ridiculous. I mean, I've seen some absurd draft decks, but this was broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rrenaud wrote:
BTW, this might be of use to you. At least it will help you get rid of the ???

http://www.flexboardgames.com/games/366.xml

A little hard to figure out the bottom section in a cursory glance. Does the xml file contain a log of every phase in every turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, only for the current turn. It just details every single action someone took.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SevenSpirits wrote:
The brown terraforming/consume strategy is my absolute favorite when it works.

I got the Terraforming combo today - Terraforming Robots, Terraforming Guild and Prospecting Guild. First time ever, after some 400 RvI games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.