Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: The Game That Wouldn't End rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
In a twenty-nine phase game last night, between turn seven and twenty-nine, only two new gates opened, with two gate bursts. The last nine turns followed my failure of the Rumour that causes the drawing of an extra Mythos card, disregarding everything but the gate (non)opening.
Of the remaining twenty-eight Mythos, only six were bounces, leaving a resounding twenty-two monster surges.

Tony dove through a gate and back to Arkham before becoming trapped, but it closed and disappeared before he could recover enough to seal it.
In addition. Between turns 25 and 28, he was driven insane seven times and arrested three, initially failing a horror check against a monster and then getting hit with both Nightmarish Visions and Uncontrollable Rage three times each.

I should have stopped defeating monsters, with the terror track at ten, but just couldn't stop myself, even with only one seal, thanks to the two bursts. Finally got fourteen in Arkham. At a minus eight, even with some decent weapons, I called it a night, and Nyogtha conquered the world.

The odd thing is The Tendril only showed up once. With no gates opening, the Doom Track was never a factor. At one point, I had everybody in either the Asylum or the hospital, with no money to do anything but collect one healing per turn.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.