Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is this? What is an "unofficial expansion" exactly? Are the cards vetted by Donald X.? Are these just fan-made cards that get their own game entry?

Also, will the cards be available in hard copy at all? I don't sleeve my cards, is it feasible for me to make a set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game description on BGG is perfectly clear, but I do think it should say who the designer is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
The BGG game description is very poorly-worded in a way that makes it seem like Donald is the designer. It says "'Dominion: Fairy Tale' is a free, print-and-play expansion for the game Dominion, by Donald X. Vaccarino." Obviously, what it means is "'Dominion: Fairy Tale' is a free, print-and-play expansion for the game (Dominion, which is by Donald X. Vaccarino)." However, it's extremely easy to read it as "'Dominion: Fairy Tale' is a free, print-and-play expansion for the game Dominion. It is by Donald X. Vaccarino."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it was so unclear, but it's a wiki so I just edited it. I don't think anyone could object to it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this is unofficial, why does it get its own page? Shouldn't it just be a downloadable file connected with Dominion's page?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
No one has rated this a "10" yet. It can't possibly be Dominion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
So does zombinion get its own page? How about any of the other fan-created rethemes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
All glory to the Hypnotoad!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4662198#4662198

Opinions will vary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xjohncandyx wrote:

I am skeptical that this unofficial expansion meets the criteria described there. It seems more an idea than a finished project.

Now its BGG status seems to be "under review".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dale yu
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a semi-official response to this topic here:
[url]
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/506547/semi-official-mem...[/url]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bansi Buckley
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the decisions have been well made. Remember, the more that people can be involved with something they like, the more they do it and the more they buy it and the more they share it with their friends who buy it. Remember when music first played for free on the radio? Well, I don't either, I'm too young, but as I have heard it - at first the record companies were up in arms about the whole thing, this giving away the music for free thing. Then they realized that it actually translated into more record sales ~ and we still have free radio (minute royalties not withstanding).

Anyway, my thanks and gratitude to all those in the Dominion sphere for allowing such sharing, and to those creating more fun cards for us to play with!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.