Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Westgard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to post this thread to start a forum for obscure and unused ideas that may coalesce into new board/wargames.

By all means reply with the most outrageous ideas for games you might have.

I also am an artist/game designer, might consider helping designers develop and art-out an idea if I like it.

There are so many boardgame designers out there looking for the "Golden Ticket" to find a marketable game, playable, fun, with some replay-ability with strategy. The best new games may find an audience of the younger generation, who will carry on boardgaming beyond when we are gone. All game designers search for that same immortality that comes from people playing, enjoying, and socializing around their game. It is like living forever through your game.

Godspeed to ALL designers
-Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Kilpiäinen
Finland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I said it before, I'll say it again!

STD's!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In Alien Hominid, a video game my son had on his old GameCube, when you turn off the blood in the game it is replaced with splashes of flowers instead of just removed. I thought that was hilarious, clever and fun.

How about a real war game with a twist... some kind of over-the-top Carebear Elmo Barney Bob Ross My Little Pony kind of twist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus S
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schmanthony wrote:
How about a real war game with a twist... some kind of over-the-top Carebear Elmo Barney Bob Ross My Little Pony kind of twist.

With happy little accidents
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Brandon: You might take a look at Plüsch, Power & Plunder (2nd Edition). It is an RPG but you fight with toys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Westgard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhh....thats more like it...now we're getting somewhere.
Perhaps I will have to try and combine all these ideas together....hmmm....lets see...
My Little Pony gives Barney syphilus, who battles Elmo, who contracts the clap, which is really bad for the Sesame-Street Recon patrol, which barely makes it back to the Carebears for medical attention(and some other goodies.) Meanwhile Bob Ross is cranking out happy bunnies faster than Elmer Fudd can shoot em. Dora the Explorah has to transmit at least 5 major STDs to win the game, but she was captured by the Keebler Elves, and must escape to the Chocolate Factory, where she can contaminate the rivers of chocolate with crispy crabs.

OK ok....enough.

Now I need new ideas.
gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Simpson

California
msg tools
designer
publisher
Quote:
obscure and unused ideas that may coalesce into new board/wargames.

I made a game a number of years ago called Imaginary Friend Suit

You take a personality test and awarded an Imaginary Friend Suit. Each suit has different powers that grow or disappear everytime you play a game -- any game.

You never stop playing IFS once you start and if you want to play a session of IFS you do the following:

Grab some other IFS players
Grab all your board games
Spread the game boards out to form a map
Once the map is made, players claim parts of the map as their land
You move your pawn around following the rules of the owner of that land -- some owners give quests, some give rewards, some try to fight you off their lands.

It plays like a mashup game with RPG elements. Meeple armies marching, Orc minis farming the land, Pandemic disease cubes giving quests -- all under the command of who owns that game board. Your own IFS gives your pawn the ability to fly from area to area, or breath fire, or collect taxes, or any number of powers based on what/how you play other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Westgard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just glanced over your Imaginary Friend Suit game Gary, and I have to say, it would, in a very real way, make me schitzophrenic if I played it even once. I love it.
I have always been oen who likes to tinker with the rules of games to make them more interesting, sometimes to make them humorous, sometimes because the rules just simply sucked, but I liked the pieces/board/art in a game.
I once envisioned writing extensive rules of warfare for every toy I owned, assigning them values, then having a duke-it-out with all my friends toys of equal strength. It proved a mentally exhausting task, and made cabbage-patch dolls way too powerful. (my friend's sister's that is) I did however enjoy the challenge of the design.
Your game idea seems to flawlessly allow for new rule-making at the spur of the moment...a concept I am intrigued by!

Thank you---thumbs-up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.