Scott Chelette
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mb
Own AtB and played quite a bit, but I find most AtB scenarios are too difficult for a casual player who only plays CoH once a month or so. Lack of accessible scenarios is one of the main reasons I have not picked up SoS yet.

At this point I am looking for relatively simple but balanced scenarios that are not so much of a chess puzzle. Point buy would be great too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Storms of Steel firefights set up and play much quicker than Awakening the Bear, and feel much less like puzzles to solve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bergström
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
mb
...and much more like boring slugfests. I love the game, but the scenarios are of markedly lower quality in SoS, IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Profit wrote:
...and much more like boring slugfests.

I haven't had that experience with them at all. Starting with Black Knights the SoS scenarios have had very much of the puzzle aspect for me as one side comes up with an effective strategy that the other has to counter. I do agree that the first few scenarios are much easier to get into however...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.